2018 REDMOND ARTS FESTIVAL
July 13 – 15, 2018
Redmond Town Center
Redmond, Washington (West)
Event Dates: 7/13/18 – 7/15/18
Application Deadline: 4/6/18 Midnight PST
Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
Fee (Application Fee): $20.00
VALA Eastside and Redmond Town Center invite artists, craftsmen and designers in all categories to submit an application for participation in the 9thAnnual Redmond Arts Festival at Redmond Town Center. This three-day outdoor festival will take place July 13-15, 2018 and will feature approximately 70 artist booths, community art projects, live music and food. The festival will be produced in conjunction with Redmond’s annual Derby Days celebration at Redmond City Hall that features a parade, music, food, activities and has an expected combined attendance of over 20,000 people. The entire City of Redmond will be activated with art and festivities on these days. Deadline to apply is April 6, 2018.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Apply by March 9th and use the coupon code “earlybird” to get $10 off your application fee.
ARTS FESTIVAL DATES/TIMES
Friday, July 13th 12pm-8pm
Saturday, July 14th 12pm-8pm
Sunday, July 15th 12pm-7pm
April 6 Application Deadline
May 4 Acceptance Notifications
May 18 Booth Payment Deadline
June 8 Refund Deadline
June 22 Booth Assignments Emailed
WHO SHOULD APPLY TO THE FESTIVAL AND WHAT CAN BE SOLD?
The Redmond Arts Festival is a festival for artists, craftsman and designers. In an effort to support and showcase artists, we ask that all work included in the arts festival be either original to the artist or a reproduction of the artists original work. Reproductions should make up no more than 40% of work for sale (with the exception of printmakers and photographers). No products outside these guidelines will be allowed for display or sale. Examples of artist made goods that will be included in the festival are: 2D & 3D art, sculpture, wearable art, functional arts, fiber and paper art, glass, ceramics/pottery, jewelry, candles, body therapy products, furniture and other home décor.
SPECIAL NOTES AND APPLICATION TIPS
- If you apply with two or more different categories of work, you may be invited into the festival with only certain categories. An example of this is an artist applying with 2D art and Jewelry will possibly be asked to not include their jewelry because we already have enough jewelers accepted. We try to limit the number of artists within each category.
- Application Tip: Applications should show a consistent and cohesive body of work. All artworks submitted should clearly demonstration they come from the same artist.
- Application Tip: Show us that you offer works at a variety of price ranges. This is crucial to doing well at any festival.
Artists will be selected by a jury of Arts professionals, artists, staff and volunteers of VALA Eastside [Venues for Artists in the Local Area]. Jurying will take place shortly after application closes, with artist notifications going out within one month of application closing.
If you are not accepted into the festival, but your jury scores are high, we may put you on our waitlist. If you are on the waitlist you will be notified of your waitlist status. There is no order number to the waitlist and artists are selected based on availability within certain categories. Artists on the waitlist will be contacted as soon as possible when space becomes available up to one week prior to the festival.
FESTIVAL SET UP
Load in and set up will be allowed the evening before the festival or the morning of the festival. Artists will be able to drive up to their booths to both load and unload their vehicles. Details on this will be provided when you receive your booth assignments.
The Arts Festival is heavily promoted through an extensive multi-media campaign both in conjunction with Derby Days and through its own separate marketing campaign. Marketing includes: print and web advertisements, social media, e-newsletters, text campaign, billboards and banners, bus ads, tv, radio, direct mail, signage, and extensive press outreach. Artists will be provided with digital media to promote through their own social media/email lists.
Redmond Town Center has 24-hour security. You may leave items overnight, however, like all festivals, VALA or Redmond Town Center cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. You are encouraged to remove anything of value when you leave for the day if it cannot be secured.
The festival will take place rain or shine, artists need to be prepared for inclement weather.
- All artwork must be the original, handcrafted work of the displaying artist and/or a reproduction of the displaying artists original work. Reproductions should make up no more than 40% of work for sale (with the exception of printmakers and photographers).
- Artists may display artwork only in the categories/descriptions in which they were accepted. All artwork displayed in the booth must be comparable to artwork shown in images. Ineligible work will be removed from the festival.
- Artists are required to have a 10’x10’ canopy tent for their booth space. Tent needs to have weights (at least 20lbs each) to be attached to each leg and sidewalls to close up booth at night.
- Booths need to maintain a professional appearance.
- Booths must be open and manned all hours of the festival.
Two artists may share a booth. You only need to submit one application, however that application needs to include artwork samples from both artists.
All applying artists will need to provide a Washington State Business License Number (UBI number). If your business is located out of state, you can obtain a temporary business license number. Booth Fees cannot be accepted without a UBI number. For more information, call 800-647-7706. Web site: http://dor.wa.gov/. You do not need to get a City of Redmond Business License; this is covered in our Event License.
Application Fee (paid with application, non-refundable)
Booth Fee (paid after acceptance to festival with credit card/paypal on ZAPP site. Refundable by June 3rd)
$240 – 10’x10’ booth space. Booths are located along NE 74th St. & 164th Ave NE. (See Site Map) Does not include tent, table or chairs.
Optional rentals (paid after acceptance to festival with credit card/paypal on ZAPP site. Refundable by June 3rd)
$75 – Tent (standard 10’x10’ pop-up tent with securable side walls and weights)
$10 – Table & Chair (6’ banquet table & 1 folding chair, cost per table/chair)
$40 – Electricity – A limited amount of power is available. Artists may request power on a first-come, first-served basis. Electricity will be provided via one live plug with a maximum draw of 10amps. Artist must provide own extension cords/surge protector and must let us know what equipment will be powered.