Job Opportunity: Gallery and Tech Assistant (part-time project)
Dates: April 24 – June 15th
Game On! The Art of Game Design is a multi-media exhibition, that opens at VALA Art Center, in Redmond Town Center, June 8 – July 30th, 2017, and will feature the artwork created during video game design and production including concept sketches, physical and digital models, environment paintings, storyboards, character designs, as well as highlights of final games, both video-captured and playable. Artwork will be framed on walls, projected on screens and presented on a variety of digital media types and viewing devices.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone with experience setting up networks, computer work stations, game stations and displays to assist the curatorial team with gallery viewing and playing stations for the Game On! exhibition.
Skills You Possess:
● Technical knowledge regarding display and viewing of digital artwork
● Good communication and problem-solving skills
● Excellent computer skills
● Comfortable working as part of a team and on your own
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
Supporting the curatorial team in day-to-day objectives including participation throughout the process of Game On! exhibition planning, development and implementation such as:
● Attend exhibition planning meetings
● Assist with exhibition installations
● Research and provide recommendations for display requirements for exhibition
● Set up displays in exhibition on multiple devices
● Help trouble-shoot computer or electronic display problems as needed during exhibition
● 6 -8 hrs per week as needed starting April 24th to June 15th, days are flexible
To apply, please email a resume and brief cover letter summarizing qualifications to Dawn Laurant, Art Programs Director at email@example.com.